Ms Frizzle Has Moved!!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Davis Bombs

When I was down in Virginia visiting family, they shared with me this awesome new trick!

We started calling them Davis bombs, but I'm pretty sure I need to come up with a new name! Haha...

What happens is bits of tin foil are crumpled up to cover the bottom of a plastic bottle...we used anything from a small water bottle to a giant 3 liter soda bottle! Next, "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner must be poured into the bottle, just enough to cover the layer of tin foil. Seal the cap and....RUN!!

In a few minutes, the whole thing explodes with a tremendous BANG!!!

We haven't exactly figured out why The Works (found at Walmart) is the right solution, but I'm sure some Chemistry class somewhere would enjoy that fun project!

Enjoy!!!

No comments: