Ms Frizzle Has Moved!!!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Bringing Vacation Science to the Classroom

I've been thinking about how to decorate my classroom...I've had tons of ideas run through my mind, but one has stuck. I want to create a wall of pictures of places I've been related to science (or just cool places I've been!!!). Eventually, students and other teachers could add their pictures and we'd have a whole story board of science around the world! Here are some of my vacation ideas:

PLACES I'VE BEEN
CERN -- the world's largest particle accelerator in Geneva, Switzerland, June 2007
Kennedy Space Center -- NASA base in Cape Canaveral, FL, June 2005
London Eye -- large ferris-wheel type attraction ran on hydraulic power, March and April 2007
Mt. Washington -- super awesome mountain to be hiked and conquered! July 2006
Niagara Falls -- source of power and amazement, April 2008

PLACES I'D LIKE TO GO
Hoover Dam

OTHER PLACES OF INTEREST
Empire State Building, NYC
CitiGroup Building, NYC
Brooklyn Bridge, NYC
Cool Bridge in Boston, MA
Washington Monument, D.C.
Tallest Building, Dubai U.A.E.

No comments: